Zuppa Toscana Copy Cat Recipe
GF, DF, Paleo Friendly, Olive Garden copy cat recipe
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 4-5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large minced onion
- 1 lb ground beef (or Italian sausage)
- 1.5 lbs diced red potatoes
- 1.5 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 6 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (stirred)
- 2 cups frozen (or fresh) chopped kale
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- to taste salt and pepper
In a soup or stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat until warm.
Add in ground meat and cook until browned. Drain grease if you wish.
Add in onions, garlic, salt and pepper and Italian seasoning.. cook until fragrant and translucent. About 3-5 mins
Add in potatoes and chicken stock/broth. Cover with lid and simmer until potatoes are softened to your liking. *I like them to easily slide off of the point of a knife- about 20 mins
Add in kale, if raw.. cook until softened to your liking.
Add more salt and pepper or seasonings to taste.
Finally, stir in coconut milk and turn off the heat.
The longer it sits and soaks up the flavors, the better!